Wednesday, April 04, 2007

Dear Diary Wednesday...

In Memory of Punkin - August 1988 - April 2007

We put Punkin to rest yesterday afternoon...it was horribly hard, I sobbed from the time we left the house until the time we got back home and all night, but we needed to do it. She was 19, her quality of life was no more, she was hanging on just for me. It was time. She had quit eating, quit drinking, and just walking around exhausted her and she stumbled. Often times I would look into her beautiful cat eyes and I know she was confused and didn't understand where she was....but she always recognized me and did whatever she could to make me happy. She had not slept in the same bed with my Mom for two days, that was a huge indicator that the end was approaching. When I got home from work, she came to me and tried to drink some water for me and tried to eat a little, but I could tell....it was time. The doctor cried, the nurses cried, but she went very, very quickly, no pain, very peaceful. Wait for me patiently, Punkin.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home