Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Dear Diary Wednesday...

Why is it being such a long week?? I can't believe it is only Wednesday.

The last two nights I have gone straight from work over to my folks house and worked on projects for them. Monday was moving a greenhouse and getting some seeds planted, yesterday was taking them shopping to two different places.....each night getting home late and pretty much going right to bed. And tonight will be another night of shopping, tomorrow I am getting my nails done, Friday is my Daddy's birthday....it is just one thing after another. If I don't have Sunday to myself, I might just cry!!!

Things I have discovered, again, with being on a diet. You really learn who is supportive of you when you are on a diet and you really learn who can be a snide nasty piece of shit when you are dieting....friends, co-workers, family.....ya just learn! I always wondered why people can not be supportive of you when you are trying something new or trying to do a life change...and don't get me wrong, there has been a lot of support. But I am always surprised by WHO it is that can't be supportive. My first experience with it was this week from a friend who commented with, "God, are you on a liquid diet!" Umm....no, it is not a liquid diet, it involves having some liquids....but WHO GIVES A FUCK! As long as I am happy and not hurting anyone, you should be supportive, or KEEP YOU MOUTH SHUT! But no, they decide that they need to share their negativity with you about why they think you are either 1) being stupid, 2) how it isn't going to work, or 3) it is a waste of my time and money. I love it, just love it. If for no other reason, that gives me more motivation to keep doing what I am doing and achieve something.

Oh! I forgot to share my really, really wonderful news! My cousin, the one who took my folks to Hawaii and then found out he had cancer and has undergone almost two years of extensive chemo and radiation, endless doctor appointments, and just so many near death experiences had his first doctor's appointment on Friday and he is CANCER FREE! He will need to go back every three months, but the doctor feels confident that they have beat it for now! Now Gary gets to start eating normal, gets to have his normal activities, no more hospital visits every day, and will get to come for a visit! When he and his wife come, we are gonna have a HUGE party at our house this summer...and I can't wait!!!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home