Monday, July 26, 2004

Dear Diary Monday...

Today was an awesome day. I came into work with a ton of stuff to catch up on for being out on Friday, which I managed to do within a couple of hours and than began to tackle a couple of major projects, which I loved every minute of doing. Unfortunately, there were a couple of issues that came up today which put a bit of a damper, one way or another, on the day. One is finding out that a dear childhood friend's grandmother passed away yesterday. This friend is a very remarkable young man and the passing of the woman who helped raise him hit home today because it is one more loss to this young man that he did not need. Secondly was hearing somebody in my department ANNOUNCING to the rest of the world what another co-worker was going to be doing this weekend (having a small gathering of friends/co-workers/family to a Fun Party) and then seeing WHO WANTED TO GO! Yep, she invited everyone and anybody to somebody elses gathering. Thank the Goddess nobody took her up on it but it just irked me to no end that somebody would take it upon themselves to announce/invite other folks into somebody elses life! Call me crazy, but that was just plain rude. Anyways.....

Went to the gym after work and had a great work out. Then Mom and I hit the Walgreens and the Shopko to pick up some stuff in their adds. I did not get anything too exciting...some more sweats, some sports bras, some kleenex....pretty boring stuff. However, it was wonderful spending more time with my mother and we are back on track with each other....it feels almost like I have not moved out...just the way it should. I know it is strange, but my Mom is my best friend and I can't stand having any kind of strain between us.

Oh and big hugs and well wishes to my Jeffy...he is again with head cold. Send him all of your positive energy....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home