Thursday, July 15, 2004

Dear Diary Thursday, part two...the rant.....

I have to unload. There is nothing that upsets me more than people that use the fact that they have CHILDREN as an excuse for EVERYTHING. They have children therefore they should get a 1) special schedule, 2) should always be allowed to leave early, 3) should always be allowed to come into work late, 4) should always be allowed to have time off. The reasons are various...the child is sick, they don't have a babysitter, they have doctor/dentist appointments, they have after school activities, they have during school activities, they have sports events, etc, etc, etc. The issue is that these people with children ABUSE their rights of being a parent. The fact that they have children should not interfere with my work schedule. They should not be catered too and given special privleges. If I was to call in for a day off because I had a sick animal, I would be openly mocked. If I missed a lot of time because of sick animals, I would be receive a verbal warning and written warnings. I would not be allowed to change my schedule because of an animal. Why is there a difference? Why do certain people with children get away with disrupting the work of every other person on their team? Why do those of that make an effort to be here every day, be here on time, put in extra hours get punished for this?

I will get off my soap box now....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home