Monday, June 21, 2004

Dear Diary Monday...

Let me just start out by saying how very, very proud I am of Dee and how much I love her. Oh and did I mention how proud of her I am?

Oh dear...today was a bad day at work. I thought Friday was insanely busy. Today made last Friday look like a day at the library.

I went into work today with a great attitude that I was going to get a lot done. That was up until two out of the three people that come in to man the phones at 7:00 am called in. So, being who I am, I jumped on the phones until my 7:30 and 8:00 am people showed up....late. Now, the other two researchers did their thing, worked their work, but not ONCE did they bother to get on the phone. Then the PitBoss showed up, came over to chat with me about how Friday fell apart, why everyone called in sick, why so many people were gone, and how we "can't let this continue" with how bad or ASA time is. Okay, that's fine and I totally agree with her but again....TWO OTHER RESEARCHERS. Oh, and let me mention that last Friday I almost took 50 calls, the other two took ZERO. Okay, back to the story. So my boss gets there, also VERY late because of a sick child. She and I discuss some things I have been working on. She is then called into the Pit Bosses office, comes out, not a happy look on her face. Okay, time for lunch. Both of the other researchers get up and leave....not a big deal. I take calls, do my work, take more calls. They come back, I am still taking calls. One researcher does manage to get on the phones for a few moment, and then HEARS that I am taking calls, so SHE LOGS OFF! Okay, I was done. I went and got my supervisor, told her we needed to run to the 7-11, she agreed ( which I should have noticed was a bit odd ) and I vented and vented and vented. And what did I get back, you may ask? "Lorene, I have been watching all day, the stats from Friday speak volumes...and Pit Boss is VERY aware of the situation as well and something is being done about it as we speak." Not sure EXACTLY what was done, but when I got back, the other two researchers look like they had had both of their eye teeth pulled out by the roots. However, and this is the kicker, THEY STILL WERE NOT ON THE PHONES! They had been punished (I am assuming) and were SULKING! Tomorrow should be fun.......

And did I mention I miss my Toni.....

Food:
Breakfast - cereal, fat free milk, banana
Snack - Orange
Lunch - WW lunch
Snack - Celery and Carrots
Dinner - Roast beef, potato, two pieces of bread
Dessert - WW Peanut Butter Fudge Pie (Oh YUMMY!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home