Thursday, January 29, 2004

Dear Diary Thursday...

Yesterday was a better day, not because work was easier, but because I worked on my attitude. I took my own advice and realized that since things will not change at work that I need to quit spending so much of my energy being angry over it. The people that need to be disciplined will never be. The people that deserve praise, will never receive it. Those that do the most work will always have more piled on them and those that don't work will be allowed to continue down that path. Since I am not in a position to change it, I changed myself. I know I am a fantastic employee and go above and beyond my job each and every day. I am happy with that and that is all that truly matters.

After work, I headed for the gym and one of my goals this week was to increase the intensity of my work out, which happened. I did two miles on the track and did 200 stomach crunches and then an additional 50 on the weight machine with 10 pounds of weight. It was wonderful and I left feeling exhilarated. I then headed to the salon and got my nails done and headed home to talk to Dylan on the phone. I believe that I might be bordering on annoyance with him because I have so much energy now. Yes, all dreams are coming true again, I am turning back into that cheerful "bouf" that I was in high school. But with a much healthier body.

Today at work is going to be a productive one. My attitude is back on track and I plan on hitting two major projects today and getting them as close to caught up as possible. I know with my energy and attitude, I can accomplish it.

Positive thought for the day: When you take the power back from the negative side of life, make sure to turn it into something positive and give it to another.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home