Saturday, January 17, 2004

Dear Diary Saturday...

Last night with Dylan was wonderful. We went to Thaifoon for dinner, which would have been really good if it had been warm. And then we went to Media Play so I could pick up my movie, "Underworld" and then back to his house to relax and watch it. It was just nice to be able to relax and watch a movie and not think for a little while.

Today is going to be "shopping day with Mom" day. I am actually looking forward to it and plan on eventually getting my nails done some time today as well. If all works out, I should be able to go to the gym this afternoon! I know, I know. It is pathetic when you actually LOOK FORWARD to going to the gym! However, I have found it is a great place to work off stress and center myself.

I have discovered a very interesting aspect of my work. Recently, a co-worker was moved away from me. I adore this woman, have worked with her for years at different places, but sitting next to each other we grate on each other's nerves. Now that she has moved, we are back to being almost friends. And the third person that sits by us, somebody who I have worked with longer than just about anybody in my life, who at one point I did consider a friend, she and I now get a long wonderfully! How strange that the dynamics of seating arrangements can adjust the flow of positive energy. I can now see this person and myself actually re-building a relationship. Like I blogged in one of my first blogs of the year, this friendship might be coming around again. I have my fingers crossed that we can keep positive with each other and let things happen naturally. If the Goddess would like us to be friends, so be it. I guess I am learning that people have aspects of themselves that you may not always like, however, you can learn to love even the most annoying habits. And forgiving is a good thing, but them earning your trust and friendship again is better. I believe that type of foundation is strong.

Speaking of friends, have you ever felt that you might have somebody in your life that you are not totally confident in? I have a couple of friends, who I love and think no less of them, but feel that if I was "bad mouthed" in front of them, they would never defend me. I am trying to sort out these feelings, and it is their very right NOT to defend me, but I know if the tables were turned, I probably would go down to the mat for any of my friends against someone. Oh well, learning is a good thing.

Positive thought for the day: Love those in your life regardless of what faults you may find in them. The faults you see today may be the blessing of tomorrow.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home