Monday, April 14, 2003

Dear Diary Monday...

The surgery went very well for my dad. We got there at 6:45 this morning, they wheeled him into surgery at 9:00 and that is when we found out that surgery was 2 1/2 hours long! So, my mom was a nervous wreck, so I made her go shopping with me for a little while, and when we got back at 10:30, the doctor was meeting us at the door. Apparently, the surgery went a lot faster and by the time we got down to recovery, my dad was waiting for us. The anesthesia that they gave him was very gentle and he awoke quickly. We were home by 11:15 and he has been doing fantastic ever since! He has ate, drank, slept, everything. The downside to the surgery is he has to keep his eyes down, staring at the floor, for 7 days. If he looks up, that reduces his chances for the surgery to work. He also has to sleep on him stomach, which is something he is not looking forward to, but something that he can handle. For hell's sake, he is a Newsome after all! The rest of the day I spent running to the store and taking care of him. Oh, I did grab an hour nap since I only slept two hours last night, and I am even more tired now!

The rest of the week will be spent taking care of my father, and HOPEFULLY, spending Friday with Dylan. Oh, and Sunday being Easter, I am trying to decide if I am going to cook a huge meal or not. It will depend on whether my mom and dad will feel up to something like that.

Back to taking care of daddy.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home