Monday, March 24, 2003

Dear Diary Monday....

Okay, the Happy Birthday ended up not being so happy. In fact, it ended up with us in the emergency room of PVH. After the first wave of visitors came to our house, we got them out of the house, we had dinner...my dad decided to relax in his chair. Well, I started to watch his breathing and could tell that he was struggling for each and every breath and was to the point he was panting. I then decided to place my hand on his forehead to see if he had a fever and came back with a hand that was dripping wet with his perspiration. It was then I decided he was going to the emergency room, and thankfully, there was no argument from him. Well, we get to the emergency room, visit with the triage nurse who IMMEDIATLY had them take him back to a cardiac trauma room. Do you see where this is going, yet? They start running every test known to man, had one of the best doctors I have ever worked with. Come to find out, my dad is not only having problems breathing, but he is experiencing massive chest pains. So, while they are doing the blood work, they decide to do a chest x-ray. Well, he was gone a very long time and I find out, that his blood work came back so screwy that it indicated he had a blood clot on his lung, and so did one of the x-rays. The doctor decided not to mess with the situation, so then my daddy got to under go a pulmonary angiogram, which is a fancy name for a CT scan of his chest. Luckily, that came back showing that there was no blood clot but that my dad had massive amounts of fluid and infection in both lungs.....signs of severe bronchitis. They were deciding whether or not to put him inpatient, but they decided that since they had such mother hens like my mom and I, to send my dad home with, he would be okay to leave. Then we had to run to get both of his prescriptions filled and then come home, get more on his stomach, start him on his antibiotic, wait for 45 minutes, then give him his cough syrup. Needless to say, I got about 1.5 hours of sleep before my alarm went off and then I found my mom sleeping in the front room, which is usually a sign that she does not feel good! So, thankfully, she is feeling good, my dad was just making too much noise for her to sleep in the bedroom and I decided that I was staying home. Spending my weekend taking care of them has exhausted me, so today I am spending the day relaxing and taking care of them.

Send your energy...we are all going to need it.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home