Wednesday, March 26, 2003

Dear Diary Wednesday....

My dad's dental appointment has been rescheduled and his eye surgery has been rescheduled....he is still too sick to leave the house. His coughing is not nearly as violent, but he still has it and I can still hear the congestion in his lungs.

Mom is back with the stomach flu and a migraine. She called me at work today, crying because she was so miserable and sick. I drove like a crazed woman trying to get home as quickly as possible. I gave her some medicine, put her too bed. Fed my dad breakfast, put him to bed. Then the ENTIRE house, top and bottom, was bleached, disinfeted, and Lysol'd. Everything was put into the dishwasher or the washing machine. Nothing escaped the wrath of a child fearful of her parent's illness...and more fearful that there is not an end in sight to this sickness. I can honestly say that I don't believe that there is anything worse than watching your PARENTS' being ill, and knowing that there really is not a damn thing you can do about it. I am trying, my patience is wearing very thin, but I am trying my hardest to stay strong for them. Sometimes, not very often, I wish I had the life of one of other siblings, or somebody else....somebody who does not have as much responsibility, who CHOOSES not to have as much responsibility. Because in the end, it comes down to the fact that I have chosen this road, and will gladly walk it. There are just those days.....

On a lighter note, I did get my eyes examined, even had them dilated which I can now say I hate having that done! Anyways, my prescription barely changed, but enough that I should wear my glasses all the time, including when I drive. The downside is that the pressure in my eyes is on the "high side of normal". What that means is now that my father has been diagnosed with very mild glaucoma, I am now probably going to be dealing with that heridatary factor, as well. My doctor told me not to fret over it, we will just be watching it every two years. Great...the idea of losing my eye sight.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home