Monday, April 07, 2003

Dear Diary Monday...

Today was...alright. Work was hectic, but nothing I could not handle, right up until 4:30, which is when I am SUPPOSE to leave, and the Pit Boss came out to TELL me to get on the phones, to which I looked at her and told her I would be happy to get back on the phones for her....tomorrow morning, and I left. She was stunned into silence and watched me walk away. Oh, and couple that with finding out one of my coworkers is being fired and being replaced with a HORRIBLE customer service representative who we had NOTHING but problems with in the first place. One step forwards, eighteen steps back....
Anyways, my decision to regain my personal strength is helping me. I knew I had lost a lot of "myself", but really did not understand how much. I had lost my honesty (to myself and to others), I had lost my inner strength, I had lost my ability to "take care of myself" in any given situation....all things that make up who "Lorene" is. It was nice standing up for myself today, not taking being pushed around. THAT is the Lorene that I miss. Watch out world....

Daddy is feeling much better. I can tell he is by the fact that he is back to being bossy and cranky. When he doesn't feel well, he is a pushover, but when he feels good....watch the hell out! He has also lost complete sight in the eye with the macular hole, so he is very antsy to get the surgery, which is good, because it is making him fight for his health. Mom is also doing much, much better. She and I went to the gym tonight and she became winded a couple of times, sat down and rested, and we started back up again. Her anureysm has grown a bit, but still too small for surgery. The cyst on her kidney has grown a great deal, but causes her no discomfort, so they don't want to do surgery on that either. I just need to get her strength back and the world will be a good place.

Oh, I am loving this time of year! I get to PRUNE TREES on Saturday. Yes, I will probably plummet to my death, or at least several broken bones....BUT I DON'T CARE....I love to be outside and playing in nature!!!! Hmmm......who would like to sign this next cast????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home