Wednesday, May 23, 2007

Dear Diary Wednesday....

Work did not end on a happy note yesterday. I first got a call from my Mom that my really wonderful cousins that live not far from us had a bad, bad day yesterday. My cousin Sharon has Crone's disease and her husband called her from work on Monday afternoon and she seemed "out of it". So he called their daughter, who lives very close to go and get her Mom. She rushed her to the ER and they admitted her immediatly. Apparently she has some type of bowel obstruction and will be in the hospital for AT LEAST five days, if not longer. They are flushing her out the best they can and then they will decide if she needs, or can survive, a surgery. The last time she had surgery, they called the whole family in to say "good bye" since she was not suppose to live.

Her husband also has an appointment with a neurosurgeon today. He has been deaf in one ear for years and years and years and a doctor just happened to take an x-ray and found a HUGE tumor that is laying across his ear canal in his brain. Now they are going to perform brain surgery to remove the tumor, probably within the next few days, and hopefully it will be benign but the doctor won't know until they actually get in there. News that my poor Daddy did not need to hear about his other favorite nephew.

Then my boss decided to be a big jerk and made some really rude comments to a few of us yesterday. Again, comments that HE thinks are funny but are really hurtful. He told one girl that she shopped at the DI for her clothes. He told me, after I went to lunch and he thought I went to lunch with some old colleagues, that "I didn't need to give my written notice, I just needed to let him know when my last day was and he has a box ready for me" and then he told another co-worker of mine, who one a call coding contest, that "She could tell herself anything she wanted to make herself feel better" about how good she was doing. And the cap was when him and a team lead went over to another person's desk and snooped through her shopping bags (she went shopping on her lunch to Victoria Secrets) and took out the new bras she just bought! By the time I got home, I was almost in tears. And all this happened after I was REALLY nice and volunteered to forgo my day off on Friday and come in to make sure we had good phone coverage since there was more than two people off on my team. FUCK THAT SHIT NOW!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home