Thursday, February 26, 2004

Dear Diary Thursday...

It was a fabulous day! I took it easy, kept up a good pace, and accomplished twice as much as I had planned. I did four loads of laundry, scrubbed down (ceiling to floor) both of the bathrooms, vacuumed the entire house, dusted the entire house, scrubbed the kitchen floor....twice (thank you to two dogs who kept running outside where it was wet), scrubbed the hamster condo, baked an angel food cake, made dinner, waxed my eyebrows, and managed to get my toenails and fingernails painted a beautiful yet strange color that I cannot describe. I also, in the midst of doing all of that, took my mother down to get her hair done and picked her up...she decided this morning she needed to get her hair permed and to "get out of my way" so I agreed. I was going to scrub the carpets today, but the folks insisted they were not up to that.

The next two days are for just Dylan and I. I am feeling very "needy" this weekend, so Dylan is going to chauffeur me around and about and we are going to just reconnect and enjoy each other and this weekend. Sunday, thank you to all that I did today, will be me on the couch doing nothing!

My attitude and energy are back where they should be. I had a nice long talk with myself about work and decided that being angry is not going to help. Being disgusted was fun, but now I need to move on. The emotion that works best for me, and for me team (since it is apparent that I have a personality that seems to soak through to everyone else for whatever reason) is to be more of a "team player" and try and help everyone else overcome their disgust. I figure if I can help everyone to enjoy their 9-12 hours of work, I will enjoy it more too.

Best feeling in the world: realizing that with not much more effort you accomplished more tasks than you set out to do...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home