Friday, February 13, 2004

Dear Diary Friday...

Mom is officially sick. I was up all night with her and her coughing, I went in to work until 8:30 and then flew home to take care of her. She has been on the couch since last night and I thought for sure we would be going to the ER. However, after my vigilance on my part, I think her coughing fits are actually lessening and I can tell that the severity has decreased. She is so exhausted and sore from the coughing that she is actually limp. A little later she will be taking a bath with some menthol and eucalyptus to help open her congested air passages a little more. Now if I can fight it off for my father!!

While I was home today, I decided to make some home made chicken soup, which turned out better than I have ever made before....with a lot less effort. Not exactly sure what the difference was, but it was damn good! And it was fun to watch the tables turn as I sat there and badgered my mom to keep eating, take another spoonful....the role of parent/child are definitely reversed today.

Did not make it to the gym yesterday or today, however, I am working out at home. Each morning I do 40 push ups and I am starting new abdominal exercises that they taught us at Weight Watchers. Tonight will be my first "official" night of doing those and I am actually looking forward to it.

Tomorrow, being Valentine's Day, Dylan has made us reservations at a French restaurant out in South Jordan. We had a whole day planned out, but with my mother falling ill, we are just going to play the next two days by ear. I did manage to get my finger nails done so that they would be pretty for this weekend......white tips with white hearts. Nothing fancy, but they look very nice.

Oh, and I got a "ray of hope" today. Apparently a lady called No More Homeless Pets LOOKING for a bunch of feral cats! She is moving to a ranch in Colorado and is willing to handle all of the transportation. Holly is working with her, as well as my friend Tjori to see if she will take ALL of the cats at the house I am working with. If she does, I have promised Tjori I will be another volunteer for No More Homeless Pets!!! My babies might have a new and safe home!!

I hope everyone has an awesome and romantic Valentine's Day!!!
Best feeling in the world: rolling over in the morning, while your bed is still all warm and soft, to realize you don't need to get up to go to work and can catch a bit more sleep.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home