Monday, February 16, 2004

Dear Diary Monday...

Let's get caught up....

Saturday I spent taking care of the folks....both are now sick. I also spent the day disinfecting the entire house...every handle and doorknob was touched with bleach, everything sanitized, everything put into the laundry with boiling hot water. Dylan and I then get together and went to dinner at Bistro Ganache, which was very romantic and the food was wonderful, but the best part of the evening was just Dylan and I spending some quality time together. He then took me home and I spent the remainder of the evening doctoring up the folks so that they could sleep that night.

Sunday, Dylan and I got together and went and fed ducks, then went shopping, then had dinner, and then headed back to his place to watch "Thirteen" and "Wonderland". Both movies were very good in their own ways, but not ones I would purchase or watch again. We then parted company relatively early as we both were feeling like we might be getting sick.

Today I woke up and it is official....I am sick. Mom is getting much better, Daddy is in the full blown coughing stage, and I am in the "I am too tired to move, my eyes are burning, watering, and itching, and I am coughing" stage. I am going to fight this with everything that I have so that I can have it out of my system before next weekend. I hate being sick on the weekends....

Update on the cats. Tjori called me today and had more info about the woman who wants the cats. She is willing to take ALL of the cats AND she and Tjori and Holly are going to be driving them to her farm in Colorado in March. She is actually looking for up to 20 cats, so placing my 10 with her will be no problem. Tjori is probably going to keep my favorite cat as I have domesticated it. It is a long haired Siamese named Clover and if she can't place him, I am going to BEG to keep him....that is how much I love him. Keep your fingers, your toes, your legs, you arms, and whatever appendages you have that this actually works out. I promised Tjori and the Gods and Goddesses that if this actually happens, I will become a volunteer for them....and I am actually looking forward to it.

Oh, and I have not been good about going to the gym since the folks got sick, which I HATE! I have my WW meeting tomorrow and then have to go do grocery shopping, but I plan on being back there on Wednesday, Thursday, and possibly Friday and then on the weekend.

And speaking of Friday....I am very excited that Dylan and I will be doing dinner with Chet and Shane at the new DODO! We have been wanting to get those two out to thank them for their incredible and generous hospitality that they showed us on New Years Eve and I am very much looking forward to an evening with them. I am planning on dressing somewhat casual as I know my boys will want to walk all over the Gateway, and that just is not comfortable in my stiletto heels! Love my boys!

Best feeling in the world....the very gentle pat of your cats hand on your cheek to wake you up in the morning....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home