Wednesday, February 18, 2004

Dear Diary Wednesday...

I am much calmer than yesterday and nobody has died.

I went to work today and ended up having an e-mail battle with my bestest friend in the whole world, Tonster. We had some issues we needed to iron out and only Toni and I could argue the way we do and STILL kiss and make up afterwards. We have promised one another never to let things simmer and never to assume what the other person is going through and to let the other person know if they are acting like a distant dumb ass....and that is why I love my Toni, her pure honesty.

After the e-mail war, I continued my work...and it has been insane. Yesterday I took 80 calls and I have no idea how many I took today. I am basically not getting anything else done, but what can you do when the priority is the phones??

I then came home and headed straight for the gym. I put in a fantastic work out and felt great. I am now home and hanging out in my den.....avoiding the parents. I have decided that if I can't say anything nice to them, I need to stay away from them. And honestly, right now, I have nothing nice to say. My opinion is that their lack of caring for their health is a slap in the face to me in many ways, and I think that is why I finally blew yesterday. I can't take care of them if they aren't willing to put in some effort on their own. Therefore, I am taking back my time and my life until I see some change on their part. I think this decision is the basis for what has helped me have a better attitude today. That and Toni telling me to pull my head out of my ass....thanks again Tonster.

Positive thought for the day: Sometimes you need to let the anger out to allow yourself to heal.

Best feeling in the world: Hearing a compliment about you that you were not suppose to hear.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home