Tuesday, February 17, 2004

Dear Diary Tuesday...

I am doing better but the folks are doing worse. And do you know what the best part of that is? They are so unbelievably stubborn that they will not go to the doctor. So, after going to my weight in and then doing some grocery shopping, I came home and exploded on both of them. I let them know that I am tired of coddling them when they refuse to do anything for themselves when it comes to their own health. I also explained that when it gets to the point that they need to go to the ER, and that is EXACTLY where it is headed again, they can either call an ambulance or crawl there....either way makes no difference to me. I am tired and I am done. They both were completely shocked and appalled by use of colorful language and by the fact that when I was finished talking, I walked away and have not spoken to them since. My mom did dare to ask me how my weight in went and I explained to her that it really didn't matter because I was not going back anyway, to which she got this horrible look on her face and responded with, "Why not?!?! You have been doing so great!" to which I responded with, "Well, that would involve me being interested and giving a rat's ass about my own health and why the hell should I do that when it is apparently a Newsome trait that we don't care about that kind of stuff!" I could almost see the tears in her eyes, but I am done caring.

And on that note, I probably will not be blogging for a few days because I really do not have anything nice to talk about....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home