Wednesday, January 01, 2003

Happy New Year's Day....

Yesterday was a wonderful day. Dylan and I got together and limped around a few malls, we both bought new shoes (I don't EVEN want to hear it!) and then met up with Toni and Rob for our annual New Year's Eve dinner at the Black Angus. Poor Toni was freezing throughout dinner!! Dylan and I then went and rented a couple of videos and ended up NOT watching them as they were having an all night feast of really good comedians on HBO. I made Dylan sit through Eddie Izzard, who is probably one of my most favorite comedians, but you have to watch him from start to finish as he is constantly bringing in references from things he said earlier in the show. I love him! How could you not love a 6 foot plus transvestite male on heels!!

Anyways, I woke up this morning to not such good news. My brother Ladd, the one who broke his neck in his own kitchen this summer, went to the doctor yesterday because his stomach has been hurting. Come to find out, the doctor rushed him into immediate emergency surgery for a strangulated hernia! Strangulated hernias can, and will, kill you! So, if all went well with the surgery, Ladd will be released today....we are just waiting to find out. I think, if given the opportunity, I am going to kill him the next time I see him! Ladd has always been one of my "favorites" as he is the next to youngest. We use to golf together, sleep outdoors together, watch tv and movies together, go the mall....all of that stuff. And he is a "looker" so all of the girls use to follow us around, which was hilarious! So I get a little "emotional" when it comes to him and his stupidity. Okay, I know, I know the hernia was not his fault but STILL!!

Today will be a relaxing day with Dylan. We are going to watch the video's we rented, eat dinner, probably go to our duck park, and just generally relax and gain some energy. I am trying to force as much of my energy on him as he can stand as he is needing it! I am so happy he took this week off for himself!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home