Wednesday, December 25, 2002

Part Deux of Christmas.....

So, I spent all day cooking a 20 plus pound turkey, stuffing, yams, potatoes, salad, all the fixings and there were THREE, yes take your shoes off and count along, 3 of us for dinner. Everybody else had to leave, had to do this and that, so there is now more food in my house than could feed a large Asian community and that is not an exaggeration. I am frustrated and annoyed. I am now to the point that I am going to lay down on the ground, and hopefully receed so far into my unconscious that I never emerge. I want a fugue state....look it up if you don't know what it is.

Anyways, the good news is that this day is ALMOST over with and most of my family has come and gone. Dylan will be coming over tonight to immerse himself in my splendid attitude. I will try to be better when he comes, but I doubt I can pull myself out of this. I have felt this state of "blueness" coming on for awhile and I have tried and tried to fight it, but with the passing of Squeaky, that was literally the last straw. I am not fighting anymore. I am going to allow it to wash over me and do what it must. There has to be a reason for it and it must need to run some course. I guess the best way of explaining it is that I just don't care anymore.

Is it a sick thing that I am excited to go back to work tomorrow???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home