Wednesday, December 18, 2002

Dear Diary Wednesday....

Update on the Squeaky...we went to the vet yesterday as he became very lethargic on Monday and pretty much would not eat or drink anything, unless forced, which is hard to do on a four week old kitten. My vet checked him over and de-wormed him and his temperature is fine, but she stated he is VERY malnourished and VERY dehydrated and probably going from very little, to no food, to food has thrown his system into shock, so this is normal behavior and it will even out, I just have to be patient. Oh, and she also told me to quit worrying over the amount of time he slept as that is NORMAL. Okay, mother hen in me has forgotten how much work and how much SLEEP kittens require! So, I came to a decision that no matter what he WANTS, he will eat and he will drink! So I started a regime of force feeding, via syringe his baby cereal and cat food. He is actually looking much better today, but pretty much hates me. I don't even care if I make him as insane and as fat as my devil cat, Tigger, it is worth it. Oh, and I also gave that to my case office with animal abuse, but unfortunatley, because it is just my word again the the pet shop AND nobody saw it but me, all they can do is write up the report, visit the pet store AND talk with the owner, which my case officer sounded pretty happy to do because he was very upset over the story I had to tell him, especially with back up from my vet.

Today is a Christmas shopping day, and hopefully the last. I have all of the stores written down on where I am going, what I am getting and then I should be done. I am actually looking forward to it as I finally have SOME Christmas spirit. The snow is helping a great deal, and so is having the house decorated, even if it is only half way decorated.

Friday is shaping up nicely. I will be going to see "Two Towers" with my sexy man, Toni and Robert, Jeff and Chris and friend. Dylan has been BEYOND excited for this movie, so his boyish delight will be well worth any line we have to endure. Plus, hanging with friends has, once again, become a favorite hobby. With my change in attitude, weeding out of problems, life has a new energy and a new glow. I probably now just jinxed it, but........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home