Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Happy New Year's Eve...

Wow...what an incredibly hard year. I could not be more thankful to have this year over and done with, but in retrospect I know a great deal of the pain that I have gone through, and watching the pain of others, has made me a stronger person. A lot of the lessons I would have gladly not gone through, but that is not my decision. I take the lessons given to me, and as painful as they may be, and as much as I struggle and fight against them, I learn from each and everyone. Each scar is a reminder of what I have learned. Hopefully 2003 will be filled with much happiness, much joy, much love and I wish that for all of my friends, my "family".

I have decided on what my New Year's Resolutions will be, and they ARE subject to change:
1) Going to the gym as part of my life, not as a hobby
2) Leave work AT work and come home to enjoy myself
3) Make Christmas a special time next year, do more craft projects and much more decorating
4) Spend much more time with friends
a) At least one big gathering at my house, hopefully a barbecue or some such nonsense
5) Read more
6) Take more time for my needs
7) Be healthier, physically, spiritually, mentally
8) Involve myself more with the Craft
9) Plant "special" plants this year, ones that I will take care of for generations and will have more meaning to me than pansies and petunias
10) Try new things....roller coasters, airplanes......experience more that life has to offer
11) Quit fearing doctors....go see them when you do stupid things like hurt your leg......

Anyways, I will try to be more "alive" and experience more, including being with my friends and family more....to truly enjoy the company of others. However, in the same space of time, I will no longer allow the negativity to invade my life. The thought of removing people from my life is not a thought I relish, but realize it is only for the best. Sometimes severing ties is in the best interest of both parties.

Again, Happy New Year's Eve to everyone.....please be safe.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home