Saturday, January 25, 2003

Dear Diary Saturday....

Friday night with the Poor's and all of the friends was wonderful! Shane had me rolling on the floor with laughter, especially when the picture of Shane, Chet, and Dylan camping out together and prancing through the woods chasing butterflies and squirrels was brought up! Ah, I always knew I had it my Dylan to be a bit effeminate......well, maybe more than a bit....

Anyways, Jeremy had a great time but, unfortunately, Dylan and I could not join them at the Girlie Bar afterwards as Dylan's cold has moved into his throat and lungs and going ANY PLACE that would have smoke would have probably killed him. Plus, he was exhausted, so it was time to get him home.

I am watching a friend of mine go through the worst year of his life, and it is breaking my heart. I was talking with Dylan and I don't think their is anything more heart breaking than to watch a man with tears in his eyes. I think seeing women cry has become so common place that it does not bring a great deal of emotions for me, but to watch a man, especially a man who I am close to, be brought to tears actually causes pain in my heart. What an emotional year for all of us. I have watched more people mature, become better people, become worse people, than ever before in my 32 years. People who I have questioned their friendships have started to become the people I "knew" that they could be, to step up into their rightful place as a "friend" and co-exist in harmony. I have also watched people I believed to be good friends crumble into malicious demons in the face of adversity. I have also witnessed strength...strength in emotions, strength in spirituality, just pure and honest strength to over come this last year. My love goes out to that man, more than I could ever place into words.

Keep the positive energy coming, Dylan is still desperatly needing it.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home