Friday, January 03, 2003

Dear Diary Friday...

This has been a trying week. I spent 13 hours at work on Monday, no breaks, no lunch, nothing. I finally crawled home. Spent a fantastic Tuesday and Wednesday with Dylan. Yesterday, I had another 13 hour day at work and I could feel the "sickness" that I have been trying to fight off creeping up on me. I had the stuffy head, the sore throat, the aching body, however, I still continued on and busted my ass trying to get things done. I finally crawled home again, jumped into a hot bath thinking it would make me feel better and I was WRONG! My chest had been hurting a great deal, thanks to the crude in my chest and having done push ups for two days and so the muscles were sore. I went to bed, extremely early even for me, and tossed and turned with sweat pouring over me, sleep not to be had. I had my heating blanket on my chest, a heating pad on my chest, nothing seemed to loosed up the tightness. Finally at 2:30 this morning, I gave up and called my boss to let her know I was not going to make it in to work and then I realized, I had a freakin' headache that could kill a water buffalo! So, I took Nyquil and fell into bed, finally achieving some sleep. I got up and have been on the couch ever since, except for when I crawled back into bed for a couple of hours. I have drank over two gallons of liquid....ice tea, water, and orange juice....I have taken my Zinc in HUGE doses, I have taken my Vitamin C in HUGE doses and finally about an hour ago, the headache went away. I think I have over come. Dylan is convinced it is the hours I have put into work, but it needed to be done, so I have no regrets. And starting Monday, I will no longer be able to stay late as I am returning to my regime at the gym! YEAH!!!

I am so looking forward to Spring! I have already been receiving all of my cataloges for seeds and plants and it is making me very, very antsy to start planting! However, having made the mistake and planted early only to cause it to blizzard for three more weeks, I will be patient and wait until May and June....maybe. I have decided to start some of my plants indoors this year and I will be trying out some new types of plants. I want to try a new pumpkin, a new pepper, and a new HUGE tomatoe this year!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home