Monday, December 16, 2002

Dear Diary Monday....

What a whirlwind weekend! Friday, I left work early to spend some much needed time with Dylan. We did some Christmas shopping, went to dinner, had just a wonderful time together until we stopped at a pet store we sometimes visit where I watched a woman horribly abuse a 4 week old kitten who was already starving because, apparently, this pet store did not stock cat food to feet the kittens! Needless to say, and without going into detail because it makes me tear up and bawl, I now am the mama to a 4 week old kitten named Squeaky who is too adorable for words. I fell apart on Saturday, blubbering uncontrollably and so my mother, the saint she is, insisted we go and get the kitten. My daddy then had to console me, over and over again because I kept breaking out into sobs trying to explain WHY we now have 11 cats!

Saturday was wonderful, besides getting a new kitten, with hanging out with everyone at the Christmas party, organized once again by the Fabu Toni! Thank you Toni for another wonderful and interesting evening!!!!

Sunday was pretty uneventful. My stomache was acting up thanks to a very stressful (if not self induced due to the lingering thoughts of the kitten) and a the ultra rare prime rib I had on Friday. So, I did a whole lot of nothing but taking care of Squeaky, which is a full time job by the way.

I have discovered something....I am a HUGE softy, who cries easily, wears her heart on her sleeve. I did not use to be this way, when I was cold, bottled up, self involved, and heartless. Fortunately, or unfortunately, Dylan has forced me over the years, to be a more open and honest person, not only with others but with myself. And with the work I have been doing on myself of late, the being honest to the point of painful with others and myself, working on my ability to love myself regardless of my faults, and weeding out many "problems" in my life, I have been a ultra loving, obnoxiously caring human being. Not too sure if I like this change now...I can be too easily read! The other change I am not sure if I am liking is allowing other people to defend me....that is a new one as well. Hmmm.......will have to keep you posted on these events as they are subject to change if I can't get them a little more under control!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home