Monday, December 09, 2002

Dear Diary Monday.....

Sunday I spent cleaning, doing a lot of laundry, and then going to dinner with Dylan's family in celebration of his mother's birthday. It was a pretty subdued event as I believe everyone at the table was exhausted.

Today was hectic at work, but actually was a great deal of fun. My boss is back, and she came back to nothing to do on her desk, which she was thrilled with. I think the best part of the day was finding out that I am taking off Wednesday to do some Christmas shopping (okay, to START my Christmas shopping) and that I get to leave early on Friday to play "make up" day with Dylan. I have decided that I am GOING to have Christmas spirit this year, regardless of my deep desire not to. I have also established some "shopping rules" for myself so that I won't drive myself insane with the amount I spend and therefore, maybe be a little more "companionable". I usually am such a grump due to the stress, that I don't really enjoy it. This year, I am allowing myself to be spoiled by others...how novel is that! But most importantly, it is the spirit of the holiday that I want to enjoy, seeing the hope and excitement in everyone's eyes, how people become more loving and caring, how being around family and friend is more important than a silly gift.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home