Sunday, December 01, 2002

Dear Diary Sunday...

Today was wonderful and relaxing. The folks and I went to breakfast then we needed to go and pickup a book my mom had ordered, then we went to two different craft stores so that we could get the fixings for wreaths. We make holiday decorated wreaths for the graves of our family and friends that have passed every year...this year it will be somewhere between 15 and 20. It is a tradition that my dad and Uncle Verne started and now my daddy and I continue doing. It usually takes us two days to do the decorating and one day to place them. All in all, it is a nice time to spend with my daddy. We then came home and had dinner...that is the entire Sunday wrapped up. I use to hate Sundays, now I look forward to them as the day that I can do things I want to do for me.....either resting or cleaning or shopping....whatever strikes me as the thing to do. I am sure that the next few Sundays will be spent Christmas shopping, but that is something I enjoy so no loss.

Busy week has already started. Dylan's mom's birthday is Friday, then going out to dinner with the Netzlers on Saturday to celebrate their combined birthday (Rob's is actually on Tuesday and Toni's is actually on the 9th but any excuse to have dinner with the Netzlers!). Sunday, probably Christmas shopping. Not sure when we are planning the birthday dinner for Dylan's mom, but I am not too stressed since we have had her gift for about two months now!!!!

My thought of the week: a friendship is built on love, honesty, compassion, and the mutual desire to learn and grow. Anything that stagnates or suffocates is not a friendship, it is imprisonment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home