Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Dear Diary Tuesday....part deux...

Wow, I have had two educations today and took a big-girl pill!

First lesson is from a really good friend of mine here at work. She is having a problem with a good friend of hers (not at work). Her friend just had a baby and my friend is having some "jealousy" issues as she is not married, nor has any children. Hard situation for her. But the hardest situation is that his married/child friend of hers is a complete drain on her energy, she never cares about anyone but herself, and she can't even take the time away from her own problems to say "Hey, how are YOU doing" for a change. It is sad because my friend is one of those people that is ALWAYS concerned about everyone else, goes out of her way every single day to see how people are doing...is just a really, really great person. And for her friend, she has driven over to her house in the middle of the night to get her a DIET COKE (keep in mind, she is married), was with her when the child was born...you name it. And her friend just keeps sucking the life out of her. I just let her vent on me, held her hand, and let her get it all of out her system....and then saw myself in her. Wow! What a realization! I have done the same thing to friends of mine and have gone on, and on, and on and never bothered to stop and realize that "Hey! They have lives too!"

Second big girl pill....somebody was brave enough to come to me and apologize for something I have been stewing about all day, and I was adult enough to accept the apology, thank them for doing that, and let it go. It was something new because it usually takes me a couple of days to do the "forget" part, but I DID IT! WOO HOOO!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home