Sunday, July 15, 2007

Dear Diary Sunday...

Holy shit! So much has happened, it is time to catch up!

Thursday I was notified (not asked) that I would be losing all of my clients and I would now be the new CSC for the largest, and most watched, client that my company has. This client is our oldest, has had the absolute most problems, and has every product that my company has, including products that are not even in my division. All areas are involved in this client (Product Support, IT, upper management, upper-upper managment, etc) and so it made me very nervous. However, I at least know that I am going into manage this client with some of the knowledge of having done my job, not like I am just coming into a new job and learning everything from the ground up. However, I am taking this client over fully as of the 23rd, so not much time for training. I trained some on Friday and will be spending every day this week training, minus the time that I need to contact some of my existing clients to let them know I am no longer their CSC.

Speaking of jobs...my brother was offered a fantastic job and starts on Wednesday! YAY! It happens to be with a company that I use to work with back in the day when I worked at Nesco....a company I really enjoyed working with. I called them last week, got their fax number, and just decided to fax his resume' over. The very next morning, they called my brother to schedule an interview, because as luck would have it, one of their warehouse supervisors had QUIT that morning. So, Terry went in, talked with the interviewer and come to find out, because Terry had sent in his resume' and this job had just opened, they decided to have Terry meet with the owner of the company and not even post the job in the newspaper. So, Terry went back on Friday afternoon and they OFFERED HIM THE JOB. He will train for 90 days and then after that, they will be moving him into a supervisory position! I am so excited for him and he is sooooo excited to be starting something new. My biggest hope is that maybe with him going into a managment position, he won't have to spend his final years of working before retirement doing extremely heavy labor.

And much love out to Toni and Rob right now.

1 Comments:

At 3:17 AM , Blogger Toni said...

Congrats to the brother, and thanks.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home