Wednesday, June 06, 2007

Dear Diary Wednesday....

It has truly been a rough couple of weeks. I have a wonderful, wonderful cousin who has been in the hosptial and who has undergone two surgeries....one planned and one not planned. She is now on life support and each hour is a different situation. She has only been given a 10% chance of survival, but like I said, each hour is different. The entire Newsome clan is coming in from all over and my cousin's family has started flying in as well. They took her off the pain medication that is keeping her sedated long enough to check for responses from her yesterday and everything came back absolutely wonderful....but then she had to be sedated all over again as she is in so much pain. The small signs she gave where enough to give all of us hope....she is too young to pass and nobody, including her, is ready to have her leave. We are fighting for her, holding vigil at her bedside, keeping each other posted....just as is the way of our family. It is odd to many people that when one of us goes into the hospital, there is always somebody by your bedside....it is even odd to me when I was one of those folks in the hospital and kept waking up, night and day, to someone being there....but it is also comforting.

Unfortunately, Dylan has seen me come unraveled a few times through all of this...mostly due to my exhaustion, but he has been a blessing. He has left me alone when I have needed my space, held my hand when I needed human compassion, has kept clear of me when I am in a tirade. If anything just knowing he has been there for me has been the best thing. It has been nice knowing that I have someone in my corner, that will love me even through all of my ugly emotions. Thank you, honey.

We haven't made plans for this weekend, as each day comes with new surprises and we have learned not to make plans too far in advance right now....just in case. I do know I will have lots and lots of relatives in town, but I will probably only see them very sporadically as they are not here for a "visit". My brother also came in town, and I got to hug and kiss him before he got back in the vehicle to head home. He came long enough to pick up his song and take him back to Oregon for the summer....how fun is that!

Regardless, I am already looking forward to the weekend.......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home