Sunday, March 06, 2005

Dear Diary Sunday...

Mood...so so.

It was a very long and a very emotional week. We ended up taking Jimbo back to the Humane Society of Utah.....things went from "alright" to very bad. He was a very huge dog with a lot of energy and he played very hard with Helga and ended up hurting her. She came in almost every time limping. Add to the fact that he would not allow you to love Helga, he would stand in between you and her. He was just too much and we could not give him the time, attention, and home that he needed without sacrificing the health of our other animals. By the second to last day we had him, Helga had given up food completely. It was a very hard thing to do, since it is something that I don't believe in, but he needed a home where he was the only dog AND had children to run with....both things that would not be in our life. He will be adopted by a much better family than Dylan and I, of that I am sure.

I also ended up calling in sick on Thursday and Friday thanks to a headache and a horrible bout of "scratchy eyes" as I have lovingly come to call my condition. I had run out of my eye medicine and so ended up picking that up on Friday morning...and a $60 copay later my eyes were much better.

Saturday I spent the day at Saturn getting my car's recall taken care of and getting my Daddy's greenhouse ready to go. It has been so wonderful working in the garden and being out in the fresh air again. I can say for the first time in my life, I really did not enjoy winter this year.....it was too much being stuck inside that long.

Today I am taking my mom shopping and spending the day with her. I have needed to get out and spend time with both of the folks, so I am very excited about how much time I have had with them this weekend.

Oh, and Dylan and I bought a whole bunch of new stuff for my bathroom. I have decided to go with different shades of lavender for the bathroom upstairs......wanted something a bit more "Springy". I am also going to be taking down the wallpaper in there and painting some time this summer....probably a wheat color to match the tile.

And the best news of the week is that I will be losing one of my jobs...I will no longer be processing claims at home. We are caught up on claims and are hiring MORE processors so I can do just my job for awhile....YEAH. It makes going to the gym much more enjoyable when I don't have to be worrying about how much time it is taking me to do my routine and how long I will be processing into the night.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home