Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Dear Diary Tuesday...

Mood....good.

Last night was wonderful. Dylan made reservations for us at The Melting Pot and our first, and only, experience at that restaraunt was great. The food was unbelievable and the company was perfect. I wish I was able to eat more than I did, but with how rich everything was I actually got sick. We then headed home where I crawled in bed early to read.....and then Chet and Shane came! It was so wonderful to see them and they brought Dylan and I the most beautiful red Teddy Bear with Ghiradelli chocolates. I love my two boys!!! I slept pretty soundly and woke up this morning to NOT wanting to go into work because of the snow. I now wish I had stayed home because the drive up to work was absolutely terrifying....the worst I have had so far. It was slick, icy, everything a winter road should be. And now I have a headache on top of that. I think I am going to bed extra, extra early tonight.

I picked Toni and I up a book called "God's Brothel" about polygamy. It is a very interesting, VERY informative look about polygamy in Utah and other states based on the stories of 18 women who escaped. I have always been interested in polygamy because my great, great, great grandfather was one of the first men convicted and who did time in Sugarhouse Prison for polygamy. Thankfully he did not have children by his second wife....he married her as she was a widow with children already...and had two homes next two each other and took care of both wives. I do not agree with polygamy in ANY form and for ANY reason and this book justifies my beliefs....it is an evil practice done for the the sexual gratification of deviant men. As I have always felt, the men that practice polygamy today are not only delusional in their beliefs about being Prophets or Sons of God but hide under the cloak of "religious freedom" so that they can practice rape, pedophilia, and adultery and have a clean conscience. If you get a chance, I strongly suggest reading this book.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home