Wednesday, September 01, 2004

Dear Diary Wednesday...

My morning started off with me coming in to work with the realization that my Company has taken away some of the "tools" that I need to be able to do my job so that we can be "HIPAA compliant." Somebody else's morning will be starting with an e-mail from me basically saying "What the fuck are you doing?" Actually, I was not quite THAT harsh, but I did say that they are taking away my access to do my job in a reasonable amount of time and I would like the tools back that made my job "easier". Oh, that word just made me giggle when I think about it in relation to my job!

Last night after going to the gym, I came home to a dog! Oh, she was a beauty. Big black Labrador, looks to have had a bit of hound in her. By the time Dylan got home and we ate, she had turned from a really good dog, to a dog that wanted to eat my cats. Thankfully, we found the owners without much problem....the Polynesian family down on 4800 west that we had to do a "pig resuce" at. I was not very happy about returning the dog to them, but their children were so happy to have her back.

And I could not be more excited about the upcoming weekends that I have planned out! This weekend is the Swiss Days with Dylan and the folks and I am very excited about trying something new. Then next weekend is the opening of the FAIR and well, everybody knows how I feel about the Fair!!! To me, this is the start of my Autumn hobbies, so I am very, very excited!!!!!!

I also heard from a friend yesterday that I have not heard from in I don't know how long. Now she does not live in another country, just in Las Vegas, and we have been friends since junior high, but we only are able to really send an e-mail and respond a few times a year. I love this lady and still consider her to be one of my best friends. It is so nice to have a friendship with absolutely no expectations, no rules, no laws. We talk when we can, we see each other every few years, and we still love one another. I guess with my age, I appreciate a friendship like that, being able to talk on the phone, send an e-mail, meet when it is convenient for both parties....not just one of us. As strange as it may sound to some, I have many friends that I only hear from maybe twice a year....old friends from childhood. In my friendship I don't put rules on, I don't lay down laws. If we can get together, that is great. If the timing is not right and I don't see somebody except at special events, that works too. To that friend in Vegas, you know I love you Rustina!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home