Sunday, May 30, 2004

Dear Diary Sunday,

Friday I spent the day delivering flowers to graves and then picking up dinner with the folks and then falling asleep at a ridiculously early hour. All in all, a very beautiful day.

Saturday I got up and went to my weight in, then to Saturn, and then Dylan and I got together and went to Shane and Chet's. Can I ever express enough how much I love those two boys and how impressed I am with their accomplishments?!? The backyard is amazing and when it is completed, will be totally breathtaking. Shane and Chet described how each and every section of the yard will evolve, what plants they will be using, the fountain, etc. It is going to be unbelievable but nothing less than perfect from those two. The four of us then decided, spontaneously to go to dinner and to a movie. We went to the Olive Garden where we were entertained by the coke sniffing hostess. Shane and I managed to polish off so much salad that our waiter actually commented he had NEVER delivered so much salad to one table. We then headed over to Jordan Landing to see "The Day After Tomorrow" which was an "okay" movie but made wonderful by the company of the men I was surrounded by. We then left and took my boys home and Dylan and I parted company. The day could not have been more wonderful and again, I thank the Fates for brining such wonderful men into my life.

Today, Dylan and I are going to be having lunch with his entire family and then going to find gifts for my Mama's birthday. I think that I am going to try and make this an extra special day for her because she is STILL SMOKE FREE! She is a true inspiration to me. Anyone that has ever smoked know how hard it is to quit. But to totally quit in one day and not go back, after over 50 years of smoking....that is a phenomenal feat and one that makes me proud to have her as my Mother. She is the single strongest woman I have ever met and if I could be half of who she is, I will be honored.

Tomorrow is a day of fun here at home. I am going to barbecue for the folks, and I believe it will be steak and shrimp, but menu is subject to change.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home