Sunday, May 23, 2004

Dear Diary Sunday...

The surgery for my Daddy on Friday went very, very well. The doctor predicts he should have almost perfect eye sight within a few days. After I brought him home, I went and got a steam cleaner and we steam cleaned all of the carpets, the upholstery, and rearranged the furniture. It was an all day adventure, I was totally exhausted afterwards, but well worth it.....and let me share with you why. My Mom has quit smoking! I believe she started smoking when she was about 10, and if you know my Mom, she is quite the heavy smoker. I believe this last bout of sickness made her decide to change. And with my choice of being a healthier person who has control of her life (i.e. joining Weight Watchers) it motivated her to take control of her life. Therefore, the steam cleaning was getting out the smell of the smoke...the house smells WONDERFUL.

Saturday was my weight in and then Dylan and I got together. We went to Wild Oats, Furburbia, and then hung out with Chet and Shane's realtor, Levi, for awhile, looking at a beautiful lay out of a home that the people who purchased it painted the most GOD AWFUL color of buttercup yellow through THE WHOLE HOUSE. Well, I looked past the horrid color and saw a wonderful home. We'll see what happens from here. However, thank you again to Chet and Shane for introducing us to Levi because he is AMAZING! Then, Dylan and I went to dinner and then back to his house to watch Lewis Black, who is probably the funniest man alive.

Today has been a day of rest. I have been letting some issues at work bother me the last couple of weeks, so I am going to be killing myself to get everything and anything done so that this upcoming three day weekend is one of fun and rest. Not exactly sure what I am going to have planned for the weekend, but I want it to be one where I can focus on the people that I am with, and not what is going on at work. I do know that I want to see "The Day After Tomorrow".....and the sooner the better!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home