Wednesday, May 19, 2004

Dear Diary Wednesday...

Class was a helluva lot of fun last night with Toni, especially afterwards when we started talking about the next class we want to take, which is pottery, and who we could get to reenact the scene from "Ghost" with Shane. We have a few people in mind....

Anyways, spending Tuesday evenings with Toni has made me appreciate certain attributes in the friends and family that I choose to surround myself with. The major attribute, and I see it in everyone that I know right now, is the ability to step up and take responsibility for their actions and decisions. Those that I have distanced myself from, especially the ones that I considered "friends" at work, are unable to rationally look at their life and see that the poor decisions that THEY have made that have hurt them and those around them, were THEIR decisions and not Fate playing them a bad hand. The things that they choose to say or do to others, is just that, a choice. They are not some type of martyr who are continually picked on by society or chance. I can't stand individuals (HUGE pet peeve) that are dishonest with themselves and others when it comes to the way that they act. Thank the Goddess for people like Toni and Dee who take FULL responsibility for everything that they do in their life and everything that comes out of their mouths....including when they apologize. I have learned much from those two ladies and respect them more and more as we grow old together. Can you tell that some of my co-workers have gotten on to my last nerve lately?????

Speaking of growing old.....I still have no idea what I want to do for my birthday this year, but I know I am going to try, REALLY TRY, not to be depressed and hate it. It has been hard for me the last couple of years not to view my b-day as a "bad" day. I am looking forward to time with good friends and some really GENTLE spankings, right Rob?????

Oh, Dad's eye appointment went well yesterday...he is having "polishing" surgery this Friday to remove the gray haze that has grown over both of his lenses from the cataract surgery. The doctor was shocked that he had had that growth so quickly, but said it is very common. After the surgery, my dad's eye sight should be phenomenal.

And can I just say how much I am looking forward to this weekend already???

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home