Monday, May 10, 2004

Dear Diary Monday...

The folks went to the doctor today and AGAIN they have bronchitis. Their doctor informed them that they both have "chronic lung disease" which is the nice way of saying that they both are going to be very susceptible to lung infections, bronchitis, and pneumonia. They are now on antibiotics and are exhausted. I came home and made a big steak dinner for my dad, myself, and brother and made mom a huge tunafish sandwich. We had green beans with onions and garlic, a salad with artichoke hearts and pickled beets. Hopefully with them both eating pretty healthy for this next week, I can get them over this quickly.

Work was great today and busy. I found out that last Friday I took 91 calls, the second highest, but the other person took 98 calls in 9 hours and I too 91 calls in 3 hours...go figure. To say that my supervisor was happy with what I accomplished but very upset with the lack of call taking by others was evident by her going around to people all day long to make sure that they were on a call at all times. Yeah, I was amused.

And I had a moment of clarity today that I did not really enjoy. I was talking with someone that I have known for a number of years today when I discovered, and this is not new or anything, that basically everything that comes out of his person's mouth is just total negativity and it bothered me. I once had a person tell me that I was full of "anger and hate" and I have tried ever since then to stop being so negative....I just don't think that this other individual would be as capable of making the same change as they seem to really enjoy being negative all the time. It was at the point that I really just wanted to walk away, in the middle of the conversation, because it was sucking away all of my energy. I am not sure how I am going to proceed with this relationship, but I know something has to change with it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home