Friday, April 16, 2004

Dear Diary Friday...

I went home in a very unhappy mood yesterday....created alone by myself. I came in to work yesterday in a pretty reasonable mood and within two hours I watched somebody stab me in the back and talk about me "behind my back". To say that my personal attitude plummeted into the hole would be a true understatement. I have been fighting this week, some very tough personal battles with my view on myself and allowing that to bother me did not help. By the time I got home I was so depressed that I took a bubble bath, curled up in my bed, read a book, and fell asleep by 7:30. The whole "going to bed early" thing does not happen as often as it use to because of the amount of energy that I have, but being as depressed as I was yesterday just zapped all of that energy. Thankfully, I think it is back today.

I came into work today in peaceful silence. I was the only one in the building for a full 35 minutes. A few people have started coming in, but it is still nice and quiet. I have already completed many tasks this morning and feel that the day is going to go much better.

This weekend has some great plans. Tonight, Dylan and I are going to do the whole "dinner and a movie" date thing. Tomorrow we are spending the whole day together, probably doing a lot of window shopping and hitting our usual haunts. Sunday is all mine, to do nothing with, and I am looking forward to that.

Note to self: If others are not concerned about your happiness or friendship, stop extending the energy to them. Treat them better than they treat you, but do not offer the branch of friendship. Those that are concerned about your happiness and well being are your friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home