Friday, March 05, 2004

Dear Diary Friday...

I came in the morning to find that I was going to have a great deal of company in here with me. Quite a few folks decided to come in early and get caught up on stuff, and they seem to think that since I am sitting quietly at my desk, like I do in the morning, trying to get a bunch of stuff done, that it would be the perfect time to discuss things with me that I really could give a rats ass about at 6:00 am....Like the Starsky and Hutch movie. Okay, I think the movie looks funny, but I don't come in an hour and half early to discuss it....Especially since it is very common knowledge that in the morning, I don't want to discuss ANYTHING. I think that my "uh huh's" and "mmmmm" finally gave them a clue that I was busy.

The work outs this week have been great. I intensified my crunches and my track work yesterday...Increased the crunches by another 50 and now I am trying to integrate some running into my track work. I believe it paid off because today I am a bit more sore than usual. Call it sick, call it strange, but I love the "ache" that I get after a really good, and very effective work out. I think it is official, I am addicted to working out now. Oh, and I must now be an "official" gym player, because the "regulars" are now regularly smiling at me, making small chat, waving to me. I love my gym!

Oh, and here is another fun thing going on at work. We have one team member that is the type of individual who falls down a lot and then sues or gets disability. Well, she fell in the parking lot on Monday, had to go to Work Med, stayed out the rest of the day, was released to come into work on Tuesday, which she did. THEN she has been out the remainder of this week, with a doctor's note.....AGAIN. Now, normally I would not begrudge an individual taking time off after an injury...But this is almost a monthly occurrence with her. AND the irritating part, I have a gal who has been in every day with a FRACTURED KNEE CAP and is on CRUTCHES! She has not missed any time at all. I remember when I broke my arm, hand, and wrist....I never missed one hour of work! What is the deal with some individuals that they milk the bad parts of life for everything it can give????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home