Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Dear Diary Tuesday, part deux...

My father's surgery went wonderfully. The doctor did not expect this cataract on his left eye to be as horrible as the right eye was, but it ended up being. However, they numbed the eye with drops and decided not to do a nerve block on the eye, like they did with the other eye, so he needed no anesthesia and his recovery time was a lot less. I actually took him out to dinner afterwards and he did great...absolutely no pain. There were two "bad" things about this surgery.....1) when trying to put in an IV his veins decided to "cramp" which is very painful. After the cramp subsided and they finally got the IV placed it was just too painful, so they took it out, and 2) during surgery, near the very end when they are placing the lens, the doctor told my dad to hold his eye very still....which he didn't....which caused a small hemorrhage in the white part of the eye, which is the equivalent to your arm getting bruised....it is not painful and does not cause ANY damage but looks bad. The one side of his eye is all red and will be for 5 days. Tomorrow is his follow up appointment and then we are all done with surgeries for this year....YEAH!!!

Bad part of today....my stupid CHECK ENGINE SOON light came on....AGAIN! I had the bad sensor replaced on Saturday....or so I thought when I went into Saturn, but it came on again! My car is driving fine, I think that either the sensor is bad again OR they did not replace it the first time. Needless to say, I was NOT a friendly customer when I called to schedule my appointment......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home