Tuesday, October 21, 2003

Dear Diary Tuesday....

I woke up this morning in an "observational" type of mood. Maybe it has to do something with the fact that I actually did not make it to sleep until about 3:15 this morning, maybe it has something to do with my father's final surgery is today, maybe it is just me? Anyways, the observations so far this week:

1) I watched a friend say, without using any words, that they needed space and time. Both that I freely give, as I never want somebody to feel as though I am smothering them. I leave the time up to the individual to do with as they need and to decide if they are needing space or just pushing away the friendship.

2) I watched a friend destroy an innocent friendship. The friend took away the trust, the honesty, the time it took to build the friendship and within a matter of minutes throw it all away. The reason? They were having a bad day. Watching a friendship die like that made me kind of sad.

3) I watched a friend blossom into a stronger, steadier person. The growth, both individually and as a couple, over the last few months has been inspiring. Walking down a path of individuality with head held high, shoulders thrown back, cherishing everything that life has to offer and still wanting to all others to be involved.

4) I watched a family member go through some of the hardest medical times so far in his life. His strength and determination has been inspiring. If I was half the person as that man, I would have accomplished a great feat in my lifetime.

It will be nice when I am able to go home and take a nap.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home