Saturday, October 04, 2003

Dear Diary Saturday....

Well, I head a huge speed bump in my months of all months. My mom had an eye appointment yesterday, to check the progress of her last cataract, which by the way, is doing splendid and they are not going to remove it as of yet, probably in 6 months. HOWEVER, the eye doctor changed his opinion on my dad's other eye and made "special arrangements" to do surgery on his other eye to remove the last cataract. He decided to check my dad's eye at my mom's appointment and the cataract is growing so quickly and giving my dad such a bad time, that the doc decided we are going to remove it.....October 23rd. So, I have a pre-op appointment, the surgery, and a post-op appointment. Sometimes the Fates throw in little stones to see if you can skip over them or if they will cause you to stumble.....

Yesterday was a good day. I left work at 10:00 am and came home and attempted to take a nap, it didn't work. So Dylan and I headed out for a fun day. We had a very romantic and yummy dinner at Market Street Grill, then headed up to the U of U so I could get some truffles (don't ask it is an addiction I have had since my junior year there.....Go U!) and then we headed to Furburbia where I was pissed off by a very rude and abrassive person who would not let me hold a baby terrier AND then Dylan and I were approached by the scariest, craziest person in the mall who wanted to know if we "wanted to have some fun!" Well, it is not wise to come at somebody who already this year, has been approached in a not very nice way! Needless to say, due to my nature of picking up and holding on to other's energy, I was "out of place" for about 30 minutes afterwards. We then decided to go to Rocky Point Haunted House...well, we never made it in because I felt so OLD! It is okay when I am surrounded by all of my friends, but the next oldest couple was at least 20 years my junior!! So, Dylan and I decided to go see "Cabin Fever" instead.....not playing anymore at our theatre! I gave up! By then my allergies were out of control, my runny nose was giving me a sore throat, I was tired, and I just wanted a eucalyptus bubble bath and my bed....both of which I got. This morning I am feeling well rested and allergies are not so bad.

Today, more running around with Dylan. Tomorrow, working around the house.

Had a wonderful dinner with a fantastic friend on Thursday. I felt that we had connected in a way that we have not had a chance to connect in awhile...open, honest, protective of one another, sincere, full of acceptance and grace. We also discovered in the 100 years we have been friends, we have never had an arguement. We don't share all of the same opinions, but we greatly respect each others. How nice is it to have that much of a friendship this many years? I thank the Gods and Goddesses for keeing this person in my life and I know she will always be there. Thank you my wonderful friend.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home