Tuesday, August 05, 2003

Dear Diary Tuesday...

CONGRATULATIONS TO MY CHET AND SHANE!!!!! I could not be more proud of you two!

Okay, let me tell you how today was by starting off with how my morning ALWAYS goes. I get up, make coffee, feed the cats, open the back door so they can run in and out, make my breakfast, eat, go downstairs and shower, come up and go outside to water, do my hair and make up, get dressed, go to work, leave the back door open so cats/dogs can run in and out without awakening the folks. That was this morning with a small glitch.

I went outside to water, wearing my robe, and the neighbor dogs were going CRAZY. Didn't think anything of it. Continued my morning, grabbed my purse, had a weird feeling to close and lock the backdoor, which I did. Went out the front door, got almost down the walk and noticed that there was a MAN SITTING IN THE PASSENGER SIDE OF MY FATHER'S TRUCK! Yeah, that was scary. What was more scary was when he got out and I asked, "Can I help you?!" and he took a few aggressive steps towards me, with a knife in his hand, to threateningly say "I NEED A RIDE!" To which I calmly turned around, said "Sorry, can't help you with that" and walked into my house, closed the door, and locked it and called the police. Needless to say, 20 minutes later and talking to the most useless officer who had the guy WALK IN FRONT OF HIS VEHICLE BUT DID NOT HAVE THE BRAINS TO TURN ON HIS SIRENS, the guy got away. Now keep in mind....1) he was sitting in the passenger side of the vehicle, NOT THE DRIVERS, 2) he had a weapon, 3) he was not at all afraid of me, did not even run away when I went into the house, 4) stayed IN the neighborhood until the officer showed up, 5) probably was in my backyard and that is why the dogs were going crazy. So, now I am completely petrified to leave my house. God, I hope this feeling goes away!

Oh, and this is more reason I am happy about going to Wendover!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home