Sunday, August 03, 2003

Dear Diary Sunday....

This week has been an emotionally trying one. A co-worker of mine, who has been having marital problems for over a year, marriage of 14 years, finally had her last "straw" this week. Her husband decided to go fishing and then did not show up, nor did he bother to pick up their child, for over 24 hours. We speculated on where he could be, if he was alive or dead, were there others involved, etc. In the end, he is home and just fine and the marriage is over. They will be ending their marriage as best friends, the same way they went into the marriage, and I could not ask for more. I was supportive and loving, even though many emotions were involved with me since I don't view her as a friend any more. However, I know that in these times, we need to pull together and support those in our lives who need it, and that is what I chose to do.

I took Friday off of work and Dylan and I went to get his car fixed and to see "The Pirates of the Carribean", which I have now dubbed as "The longest and most boring movie in history." No lie. Dylan and I were both trying to stay awake in the movie, and I found very little to be impressed with. After the movie, we picked up his car and did some running around, spent a few of my gift certificates, exchanged one of my movies, had a wonderful dinner at the Lonestar, and headed back to his house. All in all, it was a wonderful day.

Saturday I spent the day with my mom and we SHOPPED. We did the Farmer's Market, Costco, Wal-mart, Petsmart, Mac's, and Flowerama. It was just nice running around, no plans involved, just spending some time with her.

Today is another "bbq for the folks" day and some cleaning. I am going to relax and enjoy the day as it comes, not plan out every moment as I usually do.

Again, can I just say how excited I am for Wendover......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home