Sunday, February 09, 2003

Dear Diary Sunday...

It was a nice day....just as planned. The folks and I got up and went to breakfast. We then decided to go to the new Barnes and Nobles, however, they do not open until noon.....so we went to Lowe's. I am going to be painting my room this year and have decided on doing it in two colors....a light creamy taupe up top and then sponging on an antique red near the bottom....so I needed to pick up some paint colors and some ideas, and I also picked up some starter kits to get my plants going for this year. We then headed to Wal Mart to get some grocery shopping done. By the time we finished with all of that, my dad was exhausted and it still was not noon, so we decided to just come home.

Speaking of my father, yesterday, in the middle of my cleaning chaos, he turns to me and says.."Honey, will you call mama's eye doctor because I can no longer see out of my left eye..." so casual....and I FLIPPED! Well, come to find out, that he has been losing sight in his one eye very gradually, kind of a graying, hazy mist...I am sure it is a cataract, so I will be contacting the same surgeon that did my mother's eye tomorrow. I just could not believe that he was so casual about it, so non-excitable. Thank the Gods and Goddesses that I have parents like these to teach me patience.

Have I told you lately how excited I am about going to Las Vegas at the end of this month?? Five days with the man of my dreams, in a petite suite at the Treasure Island, with nothing planned other than us shopping, eating, and relaxing. Poor Dylan has really needed a vacation like this. About once per year, he gets "antsy" and needs to get away and regain his energy, and this is the time of year that he is at his worst!!!

Monday-Silver; Tuesday-White; Wednesday-Yellow; Thursday-White(yes, twice in one week); Friday-Rose; Saturday-Gray; Sunday-Gold.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home