Thursday, October 04, 2007

Dear Diary Thursday,

I see a light at the end of the tunnel! Spooky threw up just a little yesterday and just a bit this morning, but he is showing signs of being interested in food. He will walk up to the food, smell it, sit for a minute and then walk away. I know he is still nauseated but he is hungry.

Part of the throwing up yesterday was completely my fault. I gave him three bites of food (force fed) and then let him sit for an hour. I then gave him three more bites, let him sit for 45 minutes. I should have stopped there but instead, I decided to force 4 more bites and that was just too much for his little tummy. So, this morning he got three bites of food and I left him alone all morning and he was fine. When I get home tonight, I will do the same thing....three bites of food and then leave him alone. And he looked SO good this morning. He had cleaned himself up, was a bit more feisty, wanted me to love him a lot and purred, and just was completely a different cat. Tomorrow, I may go ahead and let him out of his seclusion to be with the other cats and see how that goes because he should no longer be contagious, if he was ever contagious.

Tonight I am taking my Mom to get all of her shopping done. We have to hit Petsmart, Costco, AND Wally-world. And in the midst of that, we are going to look around to see who has flu shots so we can get my folks and myself taken care of this year. I don't care what it takes from me, I am going to get a flu shot, and if possible, a tetanus shot by the end of this year. I am tird of being sick!!!! Hmmm....maybe the fear of needles is going away as I get older.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home