Thursday, May 03, 2007

Dear Diary Thursday...


Update on Cali....she is doing marvelous!

As I probably have discussed previously, in my job I am over the "jumbo" clients. What this is a client with 250 or more employees who also requires a lot of "hand holding'. My jumbo clients are all, actually, over 5000 employees and I do a LOT of hand holding to make them all run smoothly and be happy. Well, a coworker of mine is taking a new position so they are distributing all of her clients and I was "volunteered" to take on two of her carriers...the largest carriers we have so my workload had tripled....and that is not an exaggeration. I was actually just fine with this....until yesterday. I was on the phone from 6:30 am until I left at 3:00....AND NOT EVEN WITH MY CLIENTS! Apparently in this job, it is okay for other people NOT to be on the phones and to have their phones turned off...and the reason is because they are "overwhelmed" and too busy. I didn't think that it was an option NOT to do your job, but apparently it is in the workplace. I just don't understand. I finally had to turn my phone off, and walk away for lunch so I could get some sanity back. And today, I have already started off by telling my boss to "shut up" because he was making comments about me to a co-worker who doesn't know when he is kidding or telling the truth...just not in the mood for it today. I'm sure I will be spoken to about telling him to shut up, which I should be, and it will give me a chance to vent about the fact that very few people seem to be logged on to their phones and I am really sick of taking non-stop phone calls when the two people sitting next to me DID NOT TAKE ONE CALL ALL DAY!

Can I just say how much I am looking forward to this weekend?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home