Friday, April 27, 2007

Dear Diary Friday...

Oh gawd....I truly understand now the definition of BACK-ASSWARDS!! We had a "migration"of our computers done last night....well, I had my computer migrated last night as they are doing about 10 people a night. The reason being is because our software is connected to some other banking software and it should not be. So, they decided to migrate all of us over to another server, and at the same time update people. OH GOD! IT WAS HELL! I got in this morning, I had 1/2 the icons I use, I had no idea where my e-mail was and it took me an hour to find two of the applications that I find and save them to my desktop. SOOOOOO, IT gets in and I am first on their list. Good news is that I found out that I actually have a new computer but in the old "box" so that nobody knows I got something new (don't ask, I have connections). Bad news.....it took them almost three hours to get back all of the applications that I needed (which is this COMMON TO THIS MIGRATION TO FIX EVERYTHING) and I still can't print all of my applications...oh yeah, it put me right in a good mood. So, we "updated" to create a whole bunch of work for the IT department and cause those of us that usually come in very early to keep caught up to be about three hours behind. Ohhhh, we are also having a massive DRILL today of the entire BLOCK so I will be gone for another hour when that starts! Thank goodness that Toni is coming up to have lunch today or I might be crying right about now.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home