Monday, March 19, 2007

Dear Diary Monday...

The new diet is going really well, but I have also got to learn patience and things take a few days to change...LIKE NOT FEELING HUNGER! Yesterday I managed to stay below the 800 calorie marker (shake with orange juice in morning = 190; green beans with 1 tb fake butter = 120; apple = 80; bar = 120; crab salad with celery and fat free mayonnaise = 300; pita = 80) and today I did even better ( shake = 110; soup = 140; crab salad = 300; pita = 80; shake with milk = 190). The one thing that I did learn today is how quickly your calories can happen....one bagel without anything on it is 600 freakin' calories!! Oh, the other things that I learned from my friend at work, who has done this for 9 weeks now and has lost 37 lbs, is 1) you need to keep your carbs down so your body goes into ketosis and 2) this is much easier to do with a good friend at work AND my husband being good. Without that kind of support, I would be screwed, and not in a good way!

Coming back to work today after a day off was pretty close to hell. The e-mails were totally out of control, I had a number of call backs, and then when I got that all taken care of....the e-mails started again! Plus, I had to help a few team members with some of their questions because they do not feel comfortable going to our Team Lead as he makes them feel stupid. Oh well, tomorrow is Tuesday, one day close to the weekend and one day closer to my Daddy's birthday!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home