Friday, February 03, 2006

Dear Diary Friday night....

I have given my notice of resignation to my work, effective Wednesday the 15th.

I came home tonight from a dinner with Dylan and the folks to a message from my new boss at WF offering me the job, asking me to call her back on her cell phone, as she was headed out of town. She offered me what I asking (well, pretty close to what I was asking) and I probably will get to pick what shift I want to be on, since they are hiring in all divisions. I told her I would talk to my husband about it and call her back. Dylan and I discussed it for about 30 seconds and I waited for about 45 minutes (I pretty much called everyone to tell them I accepted the job) to let her know I was more than excited to accept her offer and that I would be giving two weeks notice. Of course they always want you to start earlier, but professionally I need to give at least as close to two weeks as I can. I logged on to my work e-mail, have sent my boss the notice. I do have a heavy heart, as I will be leaving some really neat people at my current employer, but it is time to move on for the sake of myself mentally, more money for Dylan and I, a better opportunity, and more room for advancement and STABILITY. Now I need to work on getting Toni out of there.

Thanks again to Toni and Rob for coming over to celebrate with us, brining a botttle, and single handledly making my dog no longer shy around people!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home