Thursday, September 08, 2005

Dear Diary Thursday...

I don't think I can watch anymore about Hurricane Katrina and what it has done. When I was driving in to work this morning and heard on the radio that they had found 30 residents of a nursing home dead, that did it. I have been weepy and crying over many different reports, but this one just devestated me. How could people leave a group of individuals in a NURSING HOME to die in the floodwaters??? On top of that, when I got into work and went to www.cnn.com and saw the picture of the dog staying by his deceased owners side at a gas station, it put me right over the top. All of the animals and the elderly that have been left in this devestation to fend for themselves....LIKE THEY FUCKING CAN???? I may not be able to watch anymore of this, but you can believe I will be doing stuff to help out.

Remember, many animal and rescue organizations, including your local animal shelters and the Humane Society, are taking donations to help with the cause. Also, Best Friends Animal Sanctuary is bringing in over 100 animals to have in the Super Pet Adoption going on September 16-19 at Petsmart. They need help with fostering, food, anything. There will also be a Dog Wash at Alta Groomery going on September 17 and 100% of the proceeds will be going to help with bringing in the animals.....even if you don't have a dog, just stop by and donate a little money.

Here is wishes of love, energy, support, and happiness to everyone for a wonderful, wonderful weekend. Especially to Connie since her BIRTHDAY is this Saturday....send her reminders that she is getting old.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home